Sex changes due to surgical procedures

Sex change via sex reassignment surgery is a process in which a person’s physical characteristics are changed to reflect the sex opposite of that determined at birth.
This type of sex change is different from when misinformation is recorded during the filing of the original birth certificate.
To request a sex change to your birth certificate, please submit the following in person or by mail:  
3. Non-refundable processing fee(s).
4. Certified copy of a court order indicating the sex has been changed.
  • For sex changes completed in Colorado, you can submit forms JDF 76 and 77 specifying sex change by surgical procedure.
5. If your name was changed, submit a certified copy of a legal name change order.