Sex changes due to surgical procedures
Sex change via sex reassignment surgery is a process in which a person’s physical characteristics are changed to reflect the sex opposite of that determined at birth.
This type of sex change is different from when misinformation is recorded during the filing of the original birth certificate.
To request a sex change to your birth certificate, please submit the following in person or by mail:
2. Copy of your identification.
3. Non-refundable processing fee(s).
4. Certified copy of a court order indicating the sex has been changed.
- For sex changes completed in Colorado, you can submit forms JDF 76 and 77 specifying sex change by surgical procedure.
5. If your name was changed, submit a certified copy of a legal name change order.
- For name changes completed in Colorado, you can get a certified copy through the Colorado Judicial Branch.