School Food Authority

To add a new site to your existing application in CHEARS, please contact your assigned nutrition consultant. Use this checklist for guidance.
SFA license requirements
A child care license or license exemption is required for participation in the CACFP. For at-risk afterschool programs, contact the CACFP office to obtain instructions on how to obtain a license exemption from CDHS or here.
Your assigned nutrition consultant will schedule a phone call and provide training on the CACFP program. SFAs are not required to attend the CACFP Institution and Site Staff Training.  However, If you or your staff would like to attend, you can register for the free training here.
USDA Policy specific to SFAs