RREO request for applications
End-Market Development to Support Colorado’s Closed-Loop Economy
The Recycling Resources Economic Opportunity (RREO) Grant Program exists to fund projects that lead to new opportunities to divert waste from the landfill and create jobs. To encourage market development for products made with recycled content, this solicitation is focused on creating new markets for recycled products and expanding existing markets. Transportation costs are a significant barrier to building a sustainable recycling infrastructure within Colorado. The majority of the end-markets for recyclables are located beyond Colorado’s borders. It is our intention to incentivize end-market development to create an in-state demand for recyclable materials.
Request for Application Announcement details
- Purchase the equipment needed to alter the physical state of a recyclable material so that it becomes a suitable feedstock for an end-use manufacturing process; or
- Purchase the equipment needed to create or expand an end-use manufacturing process that uses recycled materials as a feedstock; or
- Purchase the equipment needed to implement a proven, market-ready concept that will establish or expand an end-market that will contribute to greater degrees of waste diversion.
|Phase 1 (fiscal year 2020)||February 3, 2020 - June 30, 2020||$1.5 million|
|Phase 2 (fiscal year 2021)||July 1, 2020 - June 30, 2021||$1.5 million|
- Private sector entities (for-profit businesses and nonprofit organizations) that are registered with the Colorado Secretary of State’s office as doing business in Colorado.
- Public and government agencies, including but not limited to special districts and intergovernmental partnerships.
- Public or private schools, colleges, and universities.
|RFA published on the Recycling Grants website (this page).||5:00 P.M. MDT||September 4, 2019|
|Deadline for Applicants to submit written inquiries.||3:00 P.M. MDT||September 19, 2019|
|Answers to written inquiries published on the Recyling Grants website (this page).||5:00 P.M. MDT||September 23, 2019|
|Pre-Application Conference (optional).||10:30 A.M. -
12:30 P.M. MDT
|September 27, 2019|
|Minutes from pre-application conference published on the Recyling Grants website (this page).||5:00 P.M. MDT||September 30, 2019|
|Application submittal deadline.||3:00 P.M. MDT||October 11, 2019|
|Finalist interviews, if applicable.||December 2-4, 2019|
|Estimated notification of award.||December 11, 2019|
|Estimated contract effective date.||February 3, 2020|
- RFA Number.
- RFA Title.
- Define your inquiry by referencing the section number and paragraph number within this document, or by referencing the section of the application template.