Retail food license

Apply for a license
Restaurants, catering operations, grocery stores, convenience stores, concession stands or food trucks must have a retail food license.
Remodeling, increase seating, making changes to the menu or equipment, may need a plan review.
The license is specific to the owners and location, and it is not transferable.

Additional licensing you may need
Depending on the type of place you are starting, you may need federal, state, city and local governments licenses.
Business license
Contact the local city office.
​City/county sales tax license
Contact the local city/county office.
Liquor license
State sales tax license
Colorado Department of Revenue.
You must have a state sales tax license when applying for a retail food license.​
Federal tax ID number such as TIN, EIN, ITIN, etc.
Internal Revenue Service or
Denver office at 600 17th St.
Building permit
Local regional building department.