Renewal of Dewatering General Permits
September 2019 - Update
The Water Quality Control Division has provided the following draft general permits for public notice and comment:
- COG080000 - Discharge from short-term construction dewatering activities.
- COG317000 - Discharges from short-term remediation activities.
- COG318000 - Discharges from long-term remediation activities.
- COG603000 - Discharges from subterranean dewatering activities.
- COG608000 - Discharges to surface water from well development and pumping test activities.
These draft general permits are intended to update or replace the following general permits under the dewatering general permit program:
COG070000 - Construction dewatering discharges.
COG315000 - Remediation activities discharging to surface water.
COG316000 - Remediation activities discharging to groundwater.
COG603000 - Subterranean dewatering or well development.
The draft permit documents, along with information on how to participate in the public comment process, are available on the division's permits public notice webpage.