- People recovering from a disabling illness or injury in need of inpatient treatment to attain maximum function.
- 24/7 inpatient therapeutic services.
- Therapeutic services are designed to reverse disabling conditions or help patients cope with deficits, such as loss of a limb, that can't be reversed medically.
- The main types of therapy provided are physical, occupational and speech.
- Some facilities also may provide outpatient therapeutic services.
Licensed staff routinely on-site
- Physicians, nurses and additional professional staff, such as physical therapists.