Register as a Caregiver - Medical Marijuana Registry
Tips for caregivers
To ensure patient cards are approved with your name on them:
- Encourage patients to apply online.
- Talk with patients and share your caregiver registration ID number.
- Ask patients for their patient registration ID number.
- Check your email for notifications about caregiver agreements and respond promptly.
- If a patient applies by mail you must:
- Give them a copy of your valid Colorado ID.
- Accept agreements within 24 hours of being notified.
Cards will be issued without a caregiver if caregiver information is missing or if there is a delay in caregivers accepting the agreement.
We do not hold applications while caregiver agreements are pending.
Patients initiate caregiver agreements by entering their plant and ounce count and caregiver's registration number on their application. Caregivers are notified of the pending agreement after patients submit their applications.
To accept a caregiver agreement:
- Log into your caregiver account
- Select your name
- Click on the “Caregiver Agreement” tab
- Select the pending agreement
- Choose "yes"
- Click "save"
- Parents of a minor patient are parents of a patient under age 18.
- Advising Caregivers provide advice on the medicinal use of marijuana.
- Transporting Caregivers transport marijuana for homebound patients. Only minor and homebound patients can have transporting caregivers.
- Cultivating Caregivers grow marijuana on behalf of patients.
- 18 or older
Not be the patient’s physician
Not have your own primary caregiver
Not be licensed as a medical marijuana business
A Parent or legal guardian must be designated as a caregiver for patients under the age of 18.
Online system benefits
Caregivers have full control of accepting and rejecting caregiver agreements
Real-time email notifications for patients and caregivers
Caregivers see a list of all patients they serve