For the public
For health care professionals
- Health Alert Network Advisory: Rabies in Colorado 2017
- Algorithm on Management of Domestic Animals Exposed to Wildlife.
- Human Rabies Prevention, 2008: Recommendations of the ACIP.
- Use of a Reduced (4-Dose) Vaccine Schedule for Postexposure Prophylaxis to Prevent Human Rabies (MMWR, March 19, 2010 / 59(02);1-9).
- Determining the need for rabies post-exposure prophylaxis following a dog or cat bite in Colorado.
- CDC rabies information for doctors.
For public health, animal control, veterinarians and wildlife professionals
Rabies testing of animals
Available in Colorado through the following labs: