- Modifying equipment or technology.
- Modifying processes and procedures.
- Reformulating or redesigning products and packaging.
- Substituting less-toxic or non-toxic raw materials.
- Improving housekeeping, maintenance, training and inventory control.
Sustainable pollution prevention strategies can:
- Save businesses money by reducing energy, water, and material costs.
- Reduce environmental compliance costs.
- Improve worker safety.
- Reduce risk and liability.
- Reduce disposal and treatment costs.
- Attract increasingly educated and motivated consumers.
- Differentiate your product or service.
- Retain skilled workers through corporate values and performance.
- Reduce external impacts on public health and the environment.
Take the free Colorado Green Business Assessment to measure the sustainability of your business, identify ways to improve and get connected to assistance and recognition opportunities. A Colorado Green Business representative will contact you after you’ve started the assessment.
The Colorado Green Business Program is a collaborative effort between the Colorado P2 Program (this program) and local green business programs throughout the state.
- Pollution prevention in dairy.
- Pollution prevention in food manufacturing.
- Pollution prevention in hazardous waste generators.
- Pollution prevention in coffee roasters.
- Pollution prevention in bakeries.
- Sustainable cleaning & sanitizing in food manufacturing facilities.
P2 Case Studies (specific to Colorado)
- Pollution Prevention Rebates.
- Peaks to Prairies (regional Pollution Prevention Resource Exchange Center).
- EPA P2 webpage.
- Toxic Release Inventory (TRI) P2 search tool.
- Sustainable breweries assistance program.
- Sustainable breweries program report.