Becoming a paramedic with critical care (P-CC) endorsement
A Paramedic with critical care endorsement (P-CC) is an individual who has a current paramedic certificate issued by the department and is endorsed to perform an expanded set of medical acts as defined in section 16 of the Chapter Two Rules Pertaining to EMS Practice and Medical Director Oversight.
Initial education requirements
An applicant for the paramedic with critical care endorsement must:
- Hold a current BCCTPC card.
- Hold a current NREMT card.
- Submit an initial application for the paramedic with critical care endorsement OR
- Submit a P-CC add-on application if already certified.
Continuing Education Requirements
A renewal applicant for the paramedic with critical care endorsement must:
- Hold a valid NREMT card OR obtain 50 hours of continuing education in the required categories.
- Hold a current BCCTPC card at the time of application.
CE hours obtained to renew a BCCTPC certification can be used as CE for paramedic recertification in Colorado.
- Submit a renewal application for EMS provider certification at the P-CC Level.
Please consult the BCCTPC website for more information on the BCCTPC exam and requirements.