Oil and gas hydrocarbon emissions
On Nov. 16, 2017 the Air Quality Control Commission revised Regulation 7 with an effective date of Dec. 30, 2017. Within these revisions, the Air Pollution Control Division will hold a stakeholder process to identify potential for hydrocarbon emission reductions from the oil and natural gas industry and report the findings of this process to the commission by January 2020. We will be updating this webpage throughout the stakeholder process.
- November 27, 2018 Presentation - Statewide Oil and Gas Hydrocarbon Emissions Reductions Initiative.
- April 17, 2018 Presentation - Statewide Oil and Gas Hydrocarbon Emissions Reductions Initiative.
- 2017 Revisions to Regulation 7 - oil and gas emissions fact sheet.
- Emissions requirements for oil and gas industry.
- Ozone planning information for industry
On April 23, 2019 the Air Pollution Control Division is holding a public meeting in Durango, Colorado to discuss and hear comments concerning the 2018-2019 oil and gas statewide hydrocarbon emissions reduction process.