Norovirus and viral gastroenteritis
Report an outbreak
Health care professionals who suspect an outbreak due to viral gastroenteritis, whether it's suspected to be foodborne or occurring in a group setting (such as a long-term care facility or child care center), must contact their local public health agency to report the outbreak within 24 hours.
- Contact your local public health agency.
- Or call us: 303-692-2700 or 303-370-9395 (after hours)
Health care providers and health care facilities
- Summary of norovirus outbreak guidelines for health care facilities.
- CDPHE gastroenteritis (norovirus) outbreak report form for long term care or health care.
- CDC resources about norovirus in health care settings.
Public health professionals
- Complete protocol for handling norovirus outbreaks in health care facilities (version for public health agencies).