National Interest Waiver program
The National Interest Waiver program allows professionals of exceptional ability to request a waiver of the U.S. immigration labor certification requirements, based on a letter of recommendation from a state health department.
Request a waiver
- Practice full time in an underserved area for 5 years.
- Up to 3 years spent in H1-B status to fulfill J-1 visa waiver requirements may be counted toward the five-year term.
- Practice in the public interest.
- Submit a complete application with payment.
There is a modified application process if you’re already completing a J-1 visa waiver obligation. Contact us for details.
About the program
- National Interest Waivers are an effective way for foreign physicians to obtain permanent residency status in the U.S.
- There is no limit to the number of recommendations a state can make each year.