Medical and pharmaceutical waste guidance
Healthcare Hazardous Waste Disposal: Video
This 45 minute video covers the basics of Colorado's hazardous waste regulations as it relates to the very small quantity generator (VSQG) category for healthcare facilities operating in Colorado.
Resources and guidance
FAQs - Typical questions and answers regarding disposal in healthcare facilities.
Do RCRA Requirements Apply to Assisted Living Facilities? (October 2013)
Commercial products used for disposal of waste pharmaceuticals. (November 2013)
Examples of Hazardous Waste Pharmaceuticals (October 2011)
- Commercial Medical Waste Storage Facilities.
- Epinephrine Waste Management.
- Determination for Epinephrine.
- Evaluating Wastes in the Health Care Setting Including Pharmaceutical Waste.
- Medical Waste Generators.
- Medical Waste Identification.
- Medical Waste Transporters.
- Medical Waste Treatment.
- Trauma Scene Waste Management.