MCH priority: early childhood obesity prevention (ECOP)
2011-2015 priority: Prevent obesity among all children ages birth to 5.
State performance measure:
- Percentage of live births where mothers gained an appropriate amount of weight during pregnancy according to pre-pregnancy BMI (birth certificate).
National performance measures:
- Percentage of mothers who breastfeed their infants at 6 months of age.
- Percentage of children ages 2 to 5 years receiving WIC services that have a BMI at or above the 85th percentile.
ECOP logic models
ECOP action plans
Tools and technical assistance
- One Stop ECOP shop website.
- Early Childhood Obesity Prevention Messaging: May 22, 2013.
- Early Childhood Obesity Prevention Message Testing: Sept. 22, 2012.
- Obesity Prevention in Public Health Webinar: May 22, 2013.
- Learning circles:
- MCH issue briefs:
ECOP impact evaluation
- Impact Evaluation Plan (2013).