Lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender health
Finding health services
- GLMA: Health Professionals Advancing LGBT Equality:
- Planned Parenthood Transgender Health Services.
- The Center: Advancing LGBT Colorado.
- We created the first-ever strategic plan focused on the health and well-being of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender Coloradans.
- With participation from more than 45 organizations across the state, the plan aims to reduce, and ultimately eliminate, health disparities faced by LGBT communities by removing unnecessary barriers and building new pathways to healthy living.
- As in the rest of the nation, Colorado’s LGBT population experiences higher rates of tobacco, alcohol and substance use, infectious disease, and depression.
- National and state research shows that many LGBT people face multiple obstacles in getting appropriate health information, prevention services and health care.