Indoor burning contacts

Most local municipalities in the restricted area enforce indoor burning bans on air quality Action Days through local ordinances. The Colorado Air Pollution Control Division has enforcement jurisdiction only in areas without local ordinances. Contact your local government/municipality to inquire about their procedures.

Contact your local municipality to (1) get an exemption letter and/or (2) report a violation.


Contact the state:

Question & Complaint Hotline



Technical and Regulatory Questions

Joe Ricchiuto 303-692-3108


Contact the state to determine if it is an air quality Action Day

Action Day hotline 303-758-4848