Waste tires are prohibited from disposal in a landfill.
- Some household hazardous waste collection events and programs collect waste tires but may charge a per-tire fee.
- Some tire retailers, wholesalers, tire collection facilities and tire recycling facilities may accept your waste tires but may charge a per-tire fee.
- Turn in your used tires at the time you purchase new tires.
- Colorado law requires that tire retailers collect $.55 for each new tire purchased.
- The retailer may collect more than the state-required fee but can't claim state law requires more than $.55 per new tire.