The best way to dispose of pesticides, including restricted pesticides, is to follow the application directions on the packaging.
If you can't use the product up, you may have a neighbor or relative who can.
- Wrap dry pesticides in double trash bags.
- Wrap small containers (less than 1 gallon) of liquid pesticides in several layers of newspaper and wrap in a strong plastic bag or double trash bags.
- It’s generally more hazardous to try to stabilize liquid pesticides, especially for chemically sensitive individuals.
- Store the securely wrapped pesticides away from children and pets.
- Place the packaged waste in your trash on the day it's picked up or taken to the landfill.