Home care agencies

Information about specific facilities, other resources
Licensure and certification requirements, Medicare/Medicaid certification, other resources, home care information exchange, OASIS training and resources 
The Colorado Office of Policy, Research and Regulatory Reform is currently conducting a sunset review of the Licensing of Home Care Agencies. An analysis is performed to determine if the Act and the program are necessary and should be continued, modified, or cease operations. To provide input on this review, please visit http://www.dora.state.co.us/pls/real/OPR_Review_Comments.Main
  • People who need:
    • Clinical services in their home or a permanent place of residence, such as an assisted living residence.
    • Personal services, such as assistance with housekeeping, in their home in order to live independently.


  • Two classifications:
    • Medical (or Class A) agencies provide services by licensed or certified health care practitioners, such as nurses, occupational therapists and respiratory therapists.
    • Non-medical (or Class B) agencies provide personal care services that assist with activities of daily living, such as bathing, dressing, toileting and, in some cases, housekeeping.

Licensed/certified professionals routinely available

  • Medical: professionals ranging from nurses to physical therapists to social workers, depending on the agency's scope of services.
  • Non-medical: no requirements for licensed/certified health care professionals.