Healthy Kids Colorado Survey
The purpose of the Healthy Kids Colorado Survey is to better understand youth health and what factors support youth to make healthy choices.
The survey, conducted every two years, is supported by the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment, the Colorado Department of Education and the Colorado Department of Human Services. The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus administers the survey.
General information about the Healthy Kids Colorado Survey:
For in-depth statewide and regional data:
*The CHED website is currently undergoing an extensive update. If you can't find what you're looking for, please submit this data request form. Thank you and our apologies for the inconvenience.
For Schools and School Districts:
2017 frequently asked questions (coming soon).
Communities that Care Grantee 2016 Administration
2015 Statewide Reports and Infographics:
- Executive summary.
- Marijuana infographic.
- Tobacco infographic.
- Mental health and suicide infographic.
- Healthy Eating Active Living infographic.
- Substance use infographic.
- Lesbian, Gay and Bisexual (LGB) Youth in Colorado
- Transgender Youth in Colorado
- School Climate Infographic.
- Data Brief: The Relationship between Mental Health and Substance Use in Middle and High School Students in Colorado
- Data Brief: The Relationship between Socioeconomic Status and Health Among High School Students in Colorado
2015 High School Regional Snapshots
*The below snapshots were posted March 23, 2017. An error was discovered in the previously posted versions. Please use only the versions posted below.
- Region 1: Logan, Morgan, Phillips, Sedgwick, Washington & Yuma Counties.
- Region 2: Larimer County.
- Region 5: Cheyenne, Elbert, Kit Carson, and Lincoln Counties.
- Region 6: Baca, Bent, Crowley, Huerfano, Kiow, Las Animas, Otero, and Prowers Counties.
- Region 7: Pueblo County.
- Region 8: Alamosa, Conejos, Costilla, Mineral, Rio Grande and Saguache Counties.
- Region 9: Archuleta, Dolores, La Plata, Montezuma and San Juan Counties.
- Region 10: Delta, Gunnison, Hinsdale, Montrose, Ouray and San Miguel Counties.
- Region 11: Jackson, Moffat, Rio Blanco and Routt Counties.
- Region 12: Eagle, Garfield, Grand, Pitkin and Summit Counties.
- Region 13: Chaffee, Custer, Fremont and Lake Counties.
- Region 14: Adams County.
- Region 15: Arapahoe County.
- Region 16: Boulder and Broomfield County.
- Region 17: Clear Creek, Gilpin, Park and Teller Counties.
- Region 19: Mesa County.
- Region 20: Denver County.
2017 surveys and parent letters