Health Equity Commission
Health equity policy
If you are seeking support or information from the Health Equity Commission on legislative priorities or changes to policy related to health equity, please contact Maggie Gomez @ email@example.com or Leslie Cook-Knerr @ firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Provide a formal mechanism for the public to give input to the office.
Advise us through the office on:
- Innovative data collection and dissemination strategies.
- Aligning our health equity efforts and the Health Disparities Grant programs.
- Strengthening collaborative partnerships with communities impacted by health disparities to identify and promote health equity strategies.
- Promote workforce diversity.
- The commission consists of 10 members representing, to the extent practical, Colorado's diverse ethnic, racial, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, aging population, socioeconomic and geographic backgrounds.
- In addition, the commission has two legislative members and one designee each from the Colorado departments of Public Health and Environment, Human Services, and Health Care Policy and Financing.
- Commissioners' bios.
Health Equity Commission Meeting
Purpose: Health Equity Commission votes to make HDGP funding recommendations to the Board of Health
Date: Wednesday, February 6, 2019
Agenda | Minutes
1st Quarter Health Equity Commission Meeting
Date: Thursday, March 21, 2019
Time: 12 p.m. - 3 p.m.
Location: Sheridan Library, 3425 W Oxford Ave, Denver CO 80236 - Link to map.