Guidance, policies and fact sheets
To obtain any of these documents in Microsoft Word or Excel format, please contact us:
The regulations listed on this page are provided as a courtesy. All official regulations can be found by visiting the Colorado secretary of state's website.
Animal feeding operation (AFO) guidance
- Colorado Nutrient Management Technical Standards.
- CAFO depth marker installation guidance.
- Hay storage siting index.
- Impoundment management guidance.
- Horse AFO manure management guidance | In Spanish.
Housed commercial swine feeding operation (HCSFO) policies
- HCSFO Aerobic Conditions (BOD/DO) Test Policy.
- HCSFO Odor Complaint Form (June 2013).
- HCSFO Odor Complaint Policies and Procedures (June 2013).
- HCSFO Odor Investigation Form (June 2013).
- HCSFO Olfactometry Policy for Alternative Aerobic Covers.
- HCSFO Scentometry (Odor Concentration Measurement) Policy.
- HCSFO Total Volatile Solids (TVS) Test Policy.
- HCSFO Firefighting Memorandum of Understanding (MOU).
- HCSFO Best Available Control Technology (BACT) Guidance.
- HCSFO Land Application Odor Requirements (2016).
Concentrated animal feeding operation (CAFO) fact sheets
- AFO Regulation 81: Fact Sheet (2014).
- AFO Regulation 81: Groundwater Protection Requirements Fact Sheet (2014).
- AFO Regulation 81: Non-Permitted CAFO Fact Sheet (2014).