Foodborne illness

File a complaint against a restaurant
We inspect restaurants in Garfield, Grand, Gunnison, Jackson and Moffat counties. If you got sick from eating at a restaurant in any of these counties, contact us:
If the restaurant is in a county not listed above, contact your local health department
More information
Resources for health care providers
  • In Colorado, group outbreaks from any source are reportable conditions, even if the diagnosis isn't yet known.
  • Health care professionals who suspect a foodborne illness outbreak or an outbreak from another source should contact their local public health agency to report the outbreak within 24 hours.
  • Individual cases of foodborne illness such as salmonella or E. coli O157 are reportable conditions.
Resources for public health professionals
Data and statistics