Federal regulations and guidance documents for lead-based paint
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), in consultation with the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), has published rules on lead abatement and certification; lead-based paint residential disclosure; and renovation, repair and painting. In 2012, HUD published the second edition of Guidelines for the Evaluation and Control of Lead-Based Paint Hazards in Housing.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Childhood Lead Poisoning Prevention Program.
- EPA Office of Pollution Prevention and Toxics Lead Programs.
- EPA lead information home page: regulations, renovation, repair, painting, certification and training.
- EPA residential real estate lead disclosure requirements.
- HUD Office of Healthy Homes and Lead Hazard Control.