Evacuation Plan Development Tool Kit
Use to develop a plan to evacuate residents, staff and equipment.
- Evacuation Plan Development Tool Kit.
- Evacuation Plan Development Tool Kit. (Doc)
- Evacuation Decision Tree.
- Evacuation Decision Tree. (Doc)
Rating residents’ evacuation capabilities (Fatwire link)
(From the National Fire Protection Association, 101A, Guide on Alternative Approaches to Life Safety, 2004 edition)
- Streaming video. (wmv)
- Auto-download video. (zip)
- Make sure your computer has speakers to hear the video.
- Read the National Fire Protection Association instructions for rating residents.
- Print the work sheet and make one copy for each resident you'll be rating.
- Watch the video.
- Rate your residents and keep copies of the work sheets with your Emergency Operations Plan, and with residents’ Care Plan information and Facesheets.
- Re-evaluate your residents as their conditions change.
Your requirements for rating residents:
- As part of your Emergency Operations Plan, you must rate residents’ evacuation capabilities.
- Our Life Safety Code surveyors check to see whether your facility has completed a current evacuation work sheet on each resident.
- Surveyors look for current evacuation work sheets on each resident even if local fire authorities have recommended that your facility not attempt evacuation.
- If a resident’s condition changes, you must promptly update his or her work sheet.