Engine Rulemaking Process
The Air Pollution Control Division is holding a series of stakeholder meetings to educate interested parties, keep the process as transparent as possible, and work together to inform the rulemaking process regarding the Control of Nitrogen Oxides (NOx) Emissions from All Engines Greater than or Equal to 1,000 horsepower (hp) in Colorado. The Division will update this webpage as additional opportunities for public input are scheduled.
The Division has introduced a concept in addressing emissions reduction via proposed changes to Regulation 7 for Natural Gas-fired Reciprocating Internal Combustion Engines. A one-page summary of the initial proposal for this rule can be found below, which is meant to start the conversation and is not indicative of any final decision.
Proposed Colorado Air Quality Control Commision (AQCC) Timeline
- April 16, 2020: AQCC request for rulemaking hearing
- Once set for a formal rulemaking hearing, all comments on the engine rulemakingmust be sent to email@example.com in order to be included in the official rulemaking record.
- July 16, 2020: AQCC rulemaking hearing
Ongoing opportunities for stakeholders to submit written questions or comments regarding the proposed revisions to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Engine Rule" in the subject line.
Stakeholder Engagement Information
- Data Spreadsheet
- December Meeting Materials
- Public Comments
- February 2020 Meeting Materials
- March 2020 Meeting Materials and Recording