EMS medical direction
Register as an EMS medical director, OATH application attestation
Get a waiver for your agency, report a rapid sequence intubation procedure
Medical direction resources
- Ketamine waiver guidance document.
- Ketamine for excited delirium waiver report form.
- Ketamine for pain management waiver report form.
- Adult RSI waiver guidance.
- Adult RSI case report form.
- Pediatric RSI waiver guidance.
- Pediatric RSI case report form.
- Guide for preparing medical directors.
- IAFC Handbook for EMS Medical Directors.
- Medical directors continuous quality improvement program (including protocols).
- Educational standards comparison with Colorado scope of practice.
- Intranasal naloxone scope of practice clarification document.
- CPR Directive information.
- Frequently requested information.
We regulate EMS providers through the Rules Pertaining to EMS Practice and Medical Director Oversight 6 CCR 1015-3, Chapter 2, which defines the roles and responsibilities of a medical director and the Colorado EMS scope of practice for each level of provider.
Medical director registration is required as defined in Rules Pertaining to EMS Practice and Medical Director Oversight.