Emissions Technical Centers
Multifunction facilities that conduct a variety of customer service and field activities to help you and the repair industry meet emissions requirements:
- Denver, 2450 W. Second Ave.
- Aurora, 15608 E. 18th Ave.
303-364-4135 (includes high altitude)
- Highlands Ranch, 8498 S. Colorado Blvd.
- Broomfield, 11609 Teller St.
- Fort Collins, 835 Southeast Frontage Road
- Greeley, 2844 W. 30th St.
Our customers include motorists, independent and franchised auto dealers, automotive repair technicians, diesel fleet owners and operators, diesel repair facility owners and technicians, petroleum marketers, alternative-fuel vehicle converters and consumers, and the Colorado Department of Revenue.
We answer your and automobile technicians’ questions on emissions repairs and vehicle inspection programs. We look at individual vehicles that have recurring problems with their emissions test (failing multiple times, etc.).
We also provide training and certification for repair technicians and emissions inspectors, and inspect to support the Diesel Emissions Control Program and the Oxygenated Gasoline Program.
High altitude test facility
Provides all the services described above, plus high altitude motor vehicle exhaust emissions testing.
- Collects data for evaluating new strategies to reduce vehicle emissions.
- Tests the emissions performance under a variety of conditions, such as wintertime driving, using oxygenated and alternative fuels, etc.
- Tests emissions-control technologies, such as onboard diagnostics (OBD), that help vehicles self-detect emissions problems.
Criteria used for granting or denying Emissions Technical Center building use requests. See contacts below to make building use requests.