ELP Silver Partner - Parker Water & Sanitation
Parker Water & Sanitation District
Parker Water utilizes the latest world class technology and innovation to provide water and sanitation services to over 50,000 people living in Douglas County. We are driven by our vision of Sustaining Life for Our Community.
PWSD is currently engaged in a variety of initiatives for improved sustainability:
- Development of a sustainable water program, which has progressed potable water sources from entirely non-renewable in 2015 to nearly 40% renewable in 2018
- Implementation of a sustainable water initiative to consolidate our water resources, streamline water disinfection and distribution, and accommodate a new renewable water source in WISE Water.
- Reduction/substitution of hazardous solvents with environmentally friendly alternatives for maintenance.
- Ongoing analysis of district-wide energy consumption to reduce inefficiencies and optimize operations through the development of an Energy Management Master Plan.
- Annual Household Chemical Round up event that prevents hundreds of thousands of pounds of hazardous products and waste from our waterways and wastewater systems.