ELP Gold Leader - Children's Hospital Colorado
Children's Hospital Colorado
Member since 2017
Children's Hospital Colorado is a private, non-profit pediatric healthcare network with 16 locations across the state. We are committed to providing the best possible care to kids at all ages and stages of growth.
It's important to keep the earth healthy, too -- and Children's Hospital Colorado is dedicated to a sustainable future. We try to reduce our impact on the local and global environment by conservation, recycling, and buying local when available. We also commit to promoting the health of children and the community through socially responsible environmental improvements and cost-effective practices.
- Hosted Bike to Work Day, an annual event, promoting cycling as a healthy, safe, & enviromentaly friendly alternative to driving.
- Expanded our transportation program to provide all Children's Colorado employees with an RTD EcoPass, which reduces traffic congestion and air pollution.
- Became the first hospital in the state to attain Platinum Status with the Colorado Healthy Hospital Compact.
- Saved 127,778 kilowatt-hours of electricity, 567,613 tonjhr of chilled water, and 463,876 MBTU of steam, through continuous improvement of our HVAC system in 2016.
- Reduced water usage through the installation of new flow meters and use of landscaping with native grasses.
- Became a member of the national non-profit organization, Practice Greenhealth, achieving the Greenhealth.
- Partner for Change Award for superior performance in environmental sustainability in 2017.