Cottage Foods Act
In 2012, the Colorado legislature enacted the Colorado Cottage Food Act allowing limited type of food products to be sold directly to consumers without licensing or inspections. The Act has been modified over the past several years; below are links to each session Bill. An unofficial copy of the entire Act is also available, with changes made this session indicated with CAPITALIZED LETTERS.
Current Bills/Acts for Cottage Foods:
- Senate Bill 16-058 - Amendments removing regulations.
- Senate Bill 15-085: Amendment increasing the net revenue that can be earned from each eligible product and modified the definition of "Producer".
- House Bill 15-1102: Amendment detailing range of products allowed under the Act, including the addition of pickled vegetables with pH of 4.6 or lower.
- House Bill 13-1158: Amendment detailing changes regarding egg production and food safety training.
- Senate Bill 12-048: Original Cottage Foods Act.
We're working on getting these resources updated, so please check back soon!