Cottage Foods Act
The act was initially implemented to allow producers to sell a limited range of goods that are considered nonpotentially hazardous and that don't require refrigeration. HB 15-1102 was expanded to allow pickled vegetables with a pH value of 4.6 or below. This bill requires rules and regulations to be developed by the State Board of Health. The division will be working with identified stakeholders to develop these rules until such time the production of pickled products is not allowed.
Bills and acts for Cottage Foods:
- Senate Bill 12-0048: Original Cottage Foods Act
- House Bill 13-1158: Amendment detailing changes regarding egg production and food safety training.
- House Bill 15-1102: Amendment detailing range of products allowed under the Act, including the addition of pickled vegetables with pH of 4.6 or lower.
Note: due the recent amendments to the Act, we're working on updating the documents below. Check back with us soon!
- Colorado Cottage Foods Act fact sheet.
- Colorado Cottage Foods producer brochure | In Spanish.
- Colorado Cottage Foods eligibility checklist | In Spanish.