Consumer products and architectural coatings
We are requesting public review and comments on potentially adopting regulations for VOC content in a variety of consumer products and architectural coatings. A public meeting was held on January 28, 2019.
- Consumer Products and Architectural and Industrial Maintenance Coatings - Request for Public Input on Potential Rulemaking.
- Public meeting slides.
- Public meeting audio.
We are continuing to work with stakeholders to reduce emissions of volatile organic compounds (VOC) and oxides of nitrogen (NOx) in the Denver Metro/North Front Range ozone nonattainment area.
We intend to initiate a process in September 2018 to consider adopting regulations for VOC content in a variety of consumer products and architectural coatings. We will be updating this webpage throughout the stakeholder process.
Colorado Regional Air Quality Council meeting materials
- Literature review: Low-VOC Consumer Products and AIM Coatings (Takushi 2016).
- Low-VOC Consumer Products and AIM Market Survey, Final Report (SC&A 2017).
- Utah Department of Environmental Quality consumer products and PM2.5.
- Utah Department of Environmental Quality consumer products rule.
- Utah Department of Environmental Quality architectural coatings rule.
- California Air Resources Board consumer products regulations.
- California Air Resources Board architectural coatings.
- Ozone Transport Commission model rules.
- Consumer Products: National Volatile Organic Compound Emission Standards (EPA).
- Architectural Coatings: National Volatile Organic Compounds Emission Standards (EPA).