Common-law marriage


Official verification of a common-law marriage isn't available. To record a marriage, the parties in a common-law marriage may complete and sign an affidavit of marriage in front of a notary. This form may be filed with a Colorado county clerk and recorder’s office. Visit the Colorado attorney general's office website for details about common-law marriage.


Take the customer satisfaction survey

Access the affidavit of marriage from the Colorado attorney general's office.