Colorado Medication Take-Back Program
This program is about to expand statewide and will begin accepting prescribed controlled substances (e.g. Percocet, Oxycontin, Vicodin, Xanax, Ritalin and Adderall) at all newly established collection locations.
The program’s previous collection locations at King Soopers, City Market, Tri-County Health Department, and Denver Health are no longer available. The collection receptacles have been removed from service, and the facilities will not accept medications.
Replacement locations will be added throughout the summer, so check back with us regularly. In the mean time, some local law enforcement agencies continue to accept medications, and Walgreens has started their own collection program at the locations listed below. Law enforcement and Walgreens locations can accept prescribed controlled substances along with other prescribed and over-the-counter medications.
- 12051 E Mississippi, Aurora 80012
- 4401 Wadsworth Blvd, Wheat Ridge 80033
- 1111 S Colorado Blvd, Denver 80246
- 2190 W Drake Rd, Ft Collins 80526
- 1041 Main St., Longmont 80501
- 4001 E 120th Ave Thornton 80233
- 9141 S Broadway, Highlands Ranch 80129
- 1821 E Bridge St., Brighton 80601
- 3480 N Academy Blvd Colorado Springs 80917
- 2900 W Northern Ave., Pueblo 81005
- 240 W Park Dr., Grand Junction 81505