Colorado Health Service Corps site requirements
Be located in a federally designated Health Professional Shortage Area.
- Provide comprehensive primary, mental or dental care in a public or nonprofit setting.
- Accept all patients regardless of ability to pay and offer a sliding fee scale based on family size and annual income for those at or below 200 percent of the Federal Poverty Level.
- Accept patients on public insurance, including Medicare, Medicaid and CHP+. If a site doesn't see patients over 65, the Medicare requirement will be waived; if a site doesn't see children, the CHP+ requirement will be waived.
Direct clinical care
A medically necessary medical, dental, mental or behavioral health visit or a qualified preventive health visit is direct clinical care. The visit must be a face-to-face/one-on-one encounter between the patient and clinician during which time one or more services are rendered.
Eligible site types
- Federally qualified health centers.
- Rural health clinics.
- Community-funded safety-net clinics.
- Hospital-associated outpatient clinics.
- Free clinics.
- School-based clinics.
- Community mental health centers.
- Public correctional facilities.
- State mental health hospitals.
- Tribal health clinics.