Colorado Health Service Corps prospective applicants
The next application cycle will be open from September 1 to September 30, 2018.
You may be eligible to receive repayment of qualified student loans if you practice in a Health Professional Shortage Area, delivering primary health care services in a public or nonprofit clinic. The practice must accept public insurance and offer discounted services to low-income, uninsured patients on a sliding fee scale.
- You must be employed at an approved site by the first day of the current application cycle.
- Direct clinical care is defined as a medically necessary medical, dental, mental or behavioral health visit or a qualified preventive health visit. The visit must be a face-to-face/one-on-one encounter between the patient and clinician during which time one or more services are rendered.
- Care rendered via telemedicine is not currently eligible to achieve the hours of direct care minimums.
See below to determine if you are eligible to apply.
Eligible health professions
- Doctors of osteopathic or allopathic medicine (family medicine, geriatrics, general internal medicine, general psychiatry, general child psychiatry, general pediatrics, and general obstetrics and gynecology).
- Clinical pharmacists (PharmD).
- Dentists (general and pediatric).
- Licensed clinical or counseling psychologists (Ph.D., Psy.D.).
- Licensed clinical social workers (master’s or doctoral degree in social work).
- Licensed professional counselors (master’s or doctoral degree with a major study in counseling).
- Licensed marriage and family therapists (master’s or doctoral degree with a major study in marriage and family therapy).
- Certified nurse-midwives.
- Nurse practitioners.
- Physician assistants.
- Psychiatric nurse specialists.
- Registered dental hygienists.
Note: dentists and dental hygienists may also be eligible for the state dental loan repayment program.
$90,000 for physicians and dentists.
$50,000 for physician assistants, advanced practice nurses, clinical pharmacists and licensed mental health providers.
$20,000 for dental hygienists.
- $45,000 for physicians and dentists.
- $25,000 for physician assistants, advanced practice nurses, clinical pharmacists and licensed mental health providers.
- $10,000 for dental hygienists.
Agree to work for a term of three years at the approved site.
Work part time or full time.
Meet the hourly requirements for direct clinical contact during the entire service obligation.
Qualifying loans, licensure, employment status, competing service obligations