Colorado Health Alert Network
Working with the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Colorado Health Alert Network (HAN) disseminates public health alerts and prevention guidelines to partners, providers and key stakeholders.
The HAN level is clearly stated at the beginning of each communication.
- HAN Alert: Highest level of importance; warrants immediate action.
- HAN Advisory: Important information for a specific incident; may not require immediate action.
- HAN Update: Updated information about an incident or situation; unlikely to require immediate action.
- HAN Information: Information only; doesn't require action.
- HAN Test/Exercise/Drill: Used only during system tests.
Method of communication
HAN communications can be initiated by authorized personnel at the federal, state or local public health level. The urgency of the event and the agency sending the alert determines whether an alert is disseminated by phone, fax, email and/or pager.
Information flows as illustrated.