Clean water permitting sectors
Planning — preliminary effluent limits; permits — including applications and forms; compliance assistance and guidance; enforcement; contact information for each sector
- Commerce and industry.
- For discharges from commercial and industrial activities - aquatic animal production, commercial washing outdoor structures, coal mining, metal mining, sand and gravel mining, non-extractive industrial, produced water, non-contact cooling water, and water treatment plant wastewater discharges.
- For discharges from construction stormwater (erosion control) and hydrostatic testing.
For discharges from construction dewatering, remediation, subterranean (foundation) dewatering, and well development and pumping test activities.
- Municipal separate storm sewer systems (MS4).
- For discharges from municipalities' storm sewer systems.
- Sewage systems.
- For discharges from wastewater treatment plants/facilities - to surface water and to groundwater
- For use and application of biosolids.
- For discharges from application of pesticides.
- Reclaimed water.
- For reuse of treated domestic wastewater.
- For nondomestic wastewater to be discharged to a wastewater system.