Chronic disease prevention events
Register today for this free event to learn ways to increase referrals and utilization for your DSMES program. This program will offer solutions for billing challenges, insight on unique marketing opportunities and ways to improve clinical outcomes of their participants.
Topics to be presented:
- Medicare Diabetes Prevention Program.
- Marketing Plan for Diabetes Self-Management Education and Support Program.
- Diabetes Self-Management Education Training and Medical Nutrition Therapy Reimbursement.
- Evidence-based Nutrition Practice Guidelines to Control the A-B-C’s of Diabetes.
- CQI Plan for DSMES Program.
Staff from existing Diabetes Self-Management Education and Support program sites are invited.
Official programs sites are:
- Accredited by the American Association of Diabetes Educators (AADE).
Recognized by the American Diabetes Association (ADA).
Mary Ann Hodorowicz, RDN, MBA, CDE, CEC, is a licensed registered dietitian and certified diabetes educator and earned her MBA with a focus on marketing. She is also a certified endocrinology coder and owns a private practice specializing in corporate clients in Palos Heights, IL.
Funds are available for mileage and lodging expenses for those participants traveling more than 70 miles to attend the training.
The American Association of Diabetes Educators is accredited as an approver of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
- The American Association of Diabetes Educators is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) as a provider of continuing pharmacy education (CPE).
- This activity is eligible for ACPE credit; see final CPE activity announcement for specific details.
- Up to seven (7) hours of continuing education will be available to nurses and RDs for attendance in the full activity. To receive continuing education credits, you must submit a complete program evaluation at the conclusion of the educational event.
- Up to seven (7) hours of continuing education will be available to diabetes educators and pharmacists for attendance in the full activity. To receive continuing education credits, you must submit a complete program evaluation at the conclusion of the educational event.
For questions about this event please contact Ynke deKoe.