Chronic disease prevention events
Register today for this free event to increase Diabetes Self-Management Education and Support participation by utilizing complementary services for innovative solutions and learn ways to increase referrals and utilization for your DSMES program.
Topics to be presented:
- Data: Diabetes Burden in Colorado.
- Audiology: Diabetes-Related Hearing and Balance Issues.
- Design Thinking: Complementary Services and Innovative Solutions.
- Oral Health: Diabetes Oral Health Integration.
- Project Angel Heart: Incorporating medically tailored meals into DSMES programs.
Staff from existing Diabetes Self-Management Education and Support program sites are invited.
Official program sites are:
Accredited by the American Association of Diabetes Educators (AADE).
Recognized by the American Diabetes Association (ADA).
- Beth Wyatt, MPH
- Jennifer Lansing, RDH, MPH, MBA
- Rachael Rebecca Baiduc, Ph.D., MPH
- Megan A. Cates, Ph.D., AuD
- Leslie Scotland-Stewart, MPH
- Mark Caswell
- Renee Calanan, Ph.D., MS
- The learner will become knowledgeable in design thinking, creative problem-solving, and partnership building which will enhance their Diabetes Self-Management Education and Support Programs.
- The learner will receive guidance from a variety of presenters on how to better integrate and align their DSMES programs with other health care services such as audiology, oral health, as well as innovative ways to partner with organizations that prepare medically tailored meals.
Funds are available for mileage and lodging expenses for those participants traveling more than 70 miles to attend the training.
For questions about this event please contact Ynke deKoe.
April 2018 conference: Sustaining Your Colorado ADA or AADE Diabetes Self-Management Education and Support Program
May 2017 conference: Building Your Chronic Disease Prevention Program
June 2015 conference: Evidence-based Solutions for Prediabetes and Hypertension: Shifting the Practice Paradigm