Cholera and other vibrio illnesses
- There are several types of vibrio infection, and there are two more common types:
- Cholera is one type of vibrio infection that's extremely rare in Colorado. Cholera is caused by toxigenic vibrio cholerae O-group 1 or O-group 139.
- Oysters and other shellfish
Health care and public health professionals
- CDC vibrio parahemolyticus web page.
- CDC vibrio vulnificus web page.
- CDPHE Communicable Disease Manual.
- Colorado reportable disease data.
- CDC FoodNet vibrio data.
- CDC cholera and other vibrio illness surveillance system.