CCWP - Welcome to the water industry
The water industry wants and needs you
- Veterans, you have skills needed by the water sector.
- You can continue your public service by working to provide safe and clean water for your community.
- Careers in the water industry are stable.
- Due to retirements of current water employees, many positions are now available for people new to the industry.
Certification for veterans
- On May 20, 2016, Governor John Hickenlooper signed Colorado House Bill 16-1197 into law.
- The bill requires state agencies to implement a program to streamline the granting of occupational credentials to veterans based on military training.
- On October 30, 2018, the Water and Wastewater Facility Operators Certification Board adopted Evaluating Military Training and Experience Guidance, Board Guidance 18-1, to document how military education and experience will be evaluated for certification applicants.
How to become a certified operator