CCWP - Steps to becoming certified
1. Create a CCWP Portal account.
- This will give you an Operator ID number.
- The Operator ID number uniquely identifies you in the CCWP Portal, but it does NOT make you a certified operator yet.
- You will use the Operator ID number when you register for training so training units (TUs) can be uploaded by the instructor into your CCWP Portal account. (You will need to claim the TUs in order to meet eligibility criteria.)
- There is a video tutorial called "Creating a new operator account" to help you get going.
2a. Meet the eligibility requirements to sit for an exam.
- Minimum education - General Ed button.
- Requires document upload verifying that requirement has been met. Acceptable documents include high school diploma or equivalency certificate, college transcripts or college diploma, military discharge papers, or a letter explaining why you don't have documentation.
- Minimum experience - Work Experience button or, if using approved training substitution, Training Units & Credits navigation in the blue bar at the top of the page.
- Mandatory regulatory training (MRT) - Training Units & Credits navigation in the blue bar at the top of the page.
- Lawful presence - My Profile button.
- Requires document upload of the identification you are using to verify your lawful presence in the United States.
3. Initiate application in the CCWP Portal for approval to sit for the exam.
"Apply for Certification" navigation (top blue bar).
You must specify which exam you wish to sit for.
Must have green check marks for EVERY eligibility criteria.
Must agree to terms and conditions for using the CCWP Portal and the Colorado Certified Water Professionals Code of Conduct by checking the appropriate box (left hand side of the page).
Must affirm that the lawful presence information on your My Profile page is true. The affidavit language is provided in red letters on the left hand side of the page.
Click on the "Initiate Application" button toward the bottom of the page.
4. Pay the $50.00 application fee on the secure payment page that comes up when you click on the "Initiate Application" button in the CCWP Portal.
You will receive an email that your application has been submitted and that it will be reviewed within 10 business days.
You will receive an email with a receipt for your payment.
5. Schedule your exam with PSI.
You will receive an email notification when your application is approved.
You will also receive email instructions to schedule your exam with PSI. Follow the directions.
This part is NOT done in the CCWP Portal.
6. Pay $100.00 exam fee to PSI at the time you schedule your exam.
7. Prepare to PASS the exam.
8. Prepare to TAKE the exam.
- Read the PSI candidate handbook for Colorado candidates.
- Watch the PSI test center experience video.