CCWP - Credit for military education and experience
On October 30, 2018, the Water and Wastewater Facility Operators Certification Board adopted Evaluating Military Training and Experience Guidance, Board Guidance 18-1, which documents how military education and experience will be evaluated for certification applicants.
- U.S. Army Water Treatment Specialist.
- U.S. Marine Corps Water Support Technician.
- U.S. Navy Utilitiesman.
- U.S. Coast Guard Damage Controlman.
- U.S. Coast Guard Machinery Technician.
- U.S. Coast Guard Marine Science Technician.
- U.S. Air Force Water and Fuels System Maintenance.
Certification applicants with experience in other military occupational specialties may also be able to document acceptable work experience in the fields of water treatment, wastewater treatment, water distribution or wastewater collection. Applications should contain as much specific information as possible.
Substituting military specialty training for the experience requirement
- Certification applicants may substitute military specialty training for up to 50% of the experience requirement.
- 40 contact hours of military instruction is equal to 1 month of experience.
- For more information, see Regulation 100.