Burn day smoke tools
1. Are today's smoke conditions OK for burning?
- Air quality alerts.
- National Weather Service tabular forecast.
- From the dropdown menu choose 'Hourly FireWx Table.'
- The page's map shows only the Front Range but the site works statewide.
2. Do the paperwork.
3. Monitor the smoke.
- Smoke monitoring form with tips.
- Guide to estimating particulate concentrations. This is for well-mixed smoke, which usually starts several miles downwind.
- Reference photos, various concentrations of fine particulate pollution (PM2.5).