Asbestos certification and training
Colorado requires anyone performing asbestos-related activities in single-family residential dwellings, schools, and public and commercial buildings to be certified by the state for the work they do.
To become certified, you must:
- Apply to us using the Individual Certification Application.
- Submit the appropriate fee.
- Supply us your original training certificate from your U.S. Environmental Protection Agency-approved training course. We can’t accept copies.
- Pass the appropriate state exam for the discipline in which you want to be certified.
After successfully completing the state exam, people seeking Air Monitoring Specialist, Worker or Supervisor certification will be issued an Asbestos Photo Identification Card.
Air Monitoring Specialists, Building Inspectors, Management Planners and Project Designers will receive a certificate.
Any company wishing to conduct abatement of friable asbestos-containing materials must become a General Abatement Contractor before starting any work. The Contractor Certification Application is available in downloadable format.
- Asbestos training courses.
- Asbestos training providers.
- Exam schedule and information for Denver, Grand Junction and Pueblo.
- Downloadable forms.