Ambulatory surgical centers
Information about specific facilities, other resources
Licensure and certification requirements, Medicare/Medicaid requirements, acquired infections, hospital report card initiative
- People in need of outpatient surgery who don't need hospitalization.
- Surgeries not expected to require more than a total of 24 hours for preparation, the surgery itself and recovery.
- Surgical procedures should generally not result in extensive blood loss, be life-threatening, or involve major or prolonged invasion of body cavities.
- General anesthesia and local anesthesia may be used.
Licensed staff routinely on site
- Nurses, anesthesiologists, surgeons.