Change ownership of emission reduction credits (ERC)
Owners of emission reduction credits are allowed to buy, sell or exchange credits. The division is not involved in the process of brokering transfers of ownership. However, we do require final transfer paperwork for documentation in the registry. Before a credit can be used, the requestor must be listed as the owner of the credit in the registry.
Steps for change of credit ownership:
- File a completed application for change of credit ownership (Form APCD-603). The form requires signatures from both the previous and new owners to verify transfer.
- Confirm change of ownership in the emission reduction credit registry.
- Emission reduction credits registry.
- Apply for emission reduction credits.
- Use emissions reduction credits.
- Frequently Asked Questions.
- Fact sheet.
Emission reduction credit materials
- Instructions and Support Manual.
- Request to Create Form (Form APCD-601).
- Intent to Use Form (Form APCD-602).
- Change in Credit Ownership Form (Form APCD-603).