Acute treatment units
Information about specific facilities
Licensure and requirements
- People in need of short-term, acute psychiatric care but who don't require inpatient hospitalization.
- Intensive and individualized services, such as crisis management and stabilization, in a secured residential setting.
Licensed staff routinely on-site
- Nurses, social workers, professional counselors.
Joint agency oversight
We issue licenses on the basis of program approval from the Department of Human Services (DHS) and compliance with our regulations.
- Facility must be designated to initiate an involuntary hold on a person with a mental illness (also termed "27-65 designation").
- DHS Division of Mental Health (303-866-7400) oversees clinical and treatment components:
- Admission and discharge.
- Medical records.
- Client rights.
- Our Health Facilities and Emergency Medical Services Division ensures facility compliance with non-clinical and physical plant requirements:
- Emergency preparedness.
- Infection control.
- Dietary services.
- Linen and laundry services.
- Interior and exterior environment.
- Fire safety.