About workplace safety
We monitor work-related injuries, illnesses and fatalities in Colorado. Data are analyzed and synthesized into reports on occupational hazards and exposures, and their impacts on health. Researchers, policy makers, public health practitioners, employers and others can use the information to improve the health and safety of Colorado's workforce.
The program collects, compiles and disseminates information on a variety of measures, such as:
- Work-related fatalities.
- Work-related hospitalizations.
- Work-related injuries, such as amputations and burns.
- Work-related illnesses, such as mesothelioma and pneumoconiosis.
- Occupational lead and pesticide exposure.
- Employment in high-risk industries and occupations.
- Socioeconomic impact of work-related injuries.